The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is maintaining information about resources that are available to students, faculty and staff.LEARN MORE
The College Office of Advising & Student Services is available to students remotely. LEARN MORE
The most up-to-date information from the University about COVID-19 is housed on the Emergency Management website. LEARN MORE
This University website includes a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document. If you have a question not answered there, please complete this form:Coronavirus Question Intake Form
The University also has created a Self-Quarantine Guide. LEARN MORE
The Department of Biological Sciences is an academic community of scientists and students engaged in advancing the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge in biological sciences. The Department is guided by the pursuit of excellence in research and education, by a creative and collaborative approach, and by an awareness of the global context in which the Department exists.
To achieve its vision, the Department of Biological Sciences has set as its mission several inter-related goals:
- To advance the frontiers of knowledge through innovation and research in the biological sciences;
- To facilitate development of scientists in the guidance of our bachelors, masters and doctoral Biology students, and in the training of post-doctoral fellows.
- To increase scientific literacy, foster an appreciation of scientific inquiry, and develop well-informed citizens by providing a general education in Biology to the student population;
- To participate in the University-wide academic community through interdisciplinary collaborations, programs and curricula;
- To contribute to local, national, and international scientific communities through collaborations and service activities that promote education and dissemination of information;
- To contribute to the community by collaborating with public, nonprofit, private, and industry partners in the Charlotte metropolitan area and the State of North Carolina.