- I recently got a new card and it’s not working. How can I get it to work?
If you recently acquired a new card your card will not work until the system has updated which it does automatically overnight.
- My contract has expired and is in the process of being renewed. However, my card has stopped working. How can I get it to work?
If your work contract with the university has expired, your account will be automatically deactivated. Until your account is reactivated by Human Resources, your card will not work.
I have to swipe my card several times to get it to work. What do I need to do?
It is likely that your magnetic stripe has worn out and you will need to replace your card at the 49er ID office in the Popp Martin Student Union building.
- My card has stopped working altogether. Why is that?
- If you are no longer a student at UNCC then you will not have card access anymore.
- Your contract may have expired (See second bulleted point above)
- It is likely that your magnetic stripe has worn out and you will need to replace your card at the 49er ID office in the Popp Martin Student Union building.
- There are some places that my card doesn’t work. Why would that be?
It is likely that you do not have access to that location. If you believe that you should have access to the location please fill out a new card access request form on the Biology website and select the appropriate location(s).
- I’m an undergraduate and I had access last semester, but now my card won’t work. What happened?
Access for all undergraduate students is terminated at the end of each semester and a renewal must be requested. Therefore, you will need to fill out a new card access request form on the Biology website.
- I’m an undergraduate. I tried to use my card last night and it didn’t work. Why?
Access for all undergraduate students is Monday - Saturday between 6 AM and 10 PM. This means that if you try to use your card outside those hours you will be denied. If you believe that your work requires you to have access outside of those hours you will need to fill out another card access request form. This will then have to be approved by your supervisor and the chair of the department.
- What steps do I need to take to get a new card?
To get a new ID card you must go to the 49er ID office in the Popp Martin Student Union building and request a new card.
- I’m a new university employee. I have a card and have applied for access, but my card still doesn’t work. What do I need to do?
If you are new to the university, then it is possible that Human Resources has not yet completely processed your contract paperwork. If this is the case, you will have to wait until Human Resources processes the paperwork and you are in the system before receiving card access.
- I recently applied for access, but I still don’t have it. Why?
If your request was submitted recently, your supervisor may not have had a chance to approve it. In some cases, the department chair must approve access as well as your supervisor, which may take additional time.
- I’m having trouble accessing the vivarium. How do I get my card fixed?
If you are having problems getting in the vivarium, then you must contact the vivarium staff to resolve your issue.